Beat the Bite
min read • November 2022
Japanese encephalitis virus (JEV) is spread to humans through mosquito bites.
It may cause a rare and potentially life-threatening infection of the brain.
Moira Shire Council is offering Japanese Encephalitis vaccination to eligible residents via appointment at centres across the shire. Vaccine is available to residents aged 2 months and above who:
- are living in temporary or flood damaged accommodation that may increase exposure to mosquitoes or;
- are engaged in the prolonged outdoor recovery efforts (clean up) of stagnant waters following floods or;
- spend significant time outdoors (four hours per day) for unavoidable work, recreational educational, or other essential activities.
Please call (03) 5871 9222 to schedule your appointment at one of the following sessions. Bookings are essential.
- Tuesday 29 November – Barmah
- Saturday 3 December – Numurkah
- Monday 5 December – Nathalia
- Tuesday 13 December – Cobram
Want more information?