District Nurse – Level 2 (Registered Nurse Grade 3A)
Position: District Nurse – Level 2 (Registered Nurse Grade 3A)
NCN Health are looking for a District Nurse –Level 2 (Registered Nurse Grade 3A) to join our District Nursing Department at Numurkah.
The District Nurse – Level 2 is integral member of the multidisciplinary Primary Health team and is responsible for providing comprehensive clinical nursing care to clients in the community setting. The District Nurse Level 2 works collaboratively with the client, carer/family and other health care professionals to ensure effective and efficient consumer led care is delivered to clients in the community setting. The District Nurse contributes to multidisciplinary assessment, care planning, treatment and discharge planning to ensure that clinical care needs are met for clients within their own home environment.
Key Selection Criteria includes:
- Satisfactory National History Criminal Check prior to commencement of employment (less than 6 months old)
- Satisfactory Victorian ‘Employee’ Working with Children Check prior to commencement of employment
- A current Drivers Licence
- Immunisation in accordance with Infection Control Guideline
- Registered Nurse Division 1 with current certification from the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Minimum of three years clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse.
- High level of competence in the provision of community nursing including, wound management best practice and trends, intravenous access devices, medication administration, negative pressure wound therapy, stoma care and catheter care.
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with an ability to efficiently manage multiple demands and tasks simultaneously.
- Competent in using Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel) and well-developed computer skills and experience including accurate and timely client data management, including the ability to use tablet/hand held devices in the care setting.
- Experience in community, acute, chronic disease and palliative care nursing
- Understanding of the funding streams for nursing services provided by the District Nursing Service, eg. Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP), Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACCPYP), Hospital in the Home (HITH).
Robyn Sprunt, Primary Health Manager, Phone 5862 0566
For further information please see attached position description.
Must address the key selection criteria, include application letter, resume, complete an application for employment form and provide a minimum of 2 professional referees and submit an application to:
Director People & Culture
PO Box 128, Numurkah VIC 3636
5pm Sunday, 28th February 2021
We are an equal opportunity employer and work in a supportive and team focused work environment.
If you want to make a difference, we encourage you to join our team!