Job 539, Kitchen Assistant / Environmental Services Assistant 0.4 EFT, Nathalia Campus
Position: Kitchen Assistant / Environmental Services Assistant
Hours/EFT: 0.4 EFT and or Casual
Status: Part Time Permanent and or Casual
NCN Health are looking for a Kitchen Assistant / Environmental Services Assistant to join our Food Services and Environmental Services Department at Nathalia.
The Kitchen Assistant is responsible for providing kitchen support to the clients/residents within the busy Hotel Service Department at NCN Health, Nathalia ensuring effective and efficient service at all times. The Kitchen Assistant will be required to assist the cook with preparation and serving of meals, serve morning or afternoon teas, cleaning of dishes and kitchen area. This person is responsible for ensuring that all equipment used is well maintained as per Victorian Food Safety Legislation.
Environmental Services Assistant is a key member of the Food Services and Environmental Services teams and is responsible for keeping the hospital and nursing home clean and hygienic and maintain equipment used in achieving these objectives. The position is also required to wash, dry, fold, iron and put away clothes for the nursing home residents. This person is responsible for ensuring that all equipment used is well maintained as per legislation.
Key Selection Criteria includes:
- Satisfactory National History Criminal Check prior to commencement of employment (less than 6 months old)
- Satisfactory Victorian ‘Employee’ Working with Children Check prior to commencement of employment
- A current Drivers Licence
- Immunisation in accordance with Infection Control (see infection control details below)
- Certificate III in Hospitality or equivalent
- Knowledge of the Victorian Cleaning Standards.
- Experience working in a busy cleaning environment with the ability to self-manage demanding and changing workloads and competing priorities.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills demonstrated ability to liaise with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office products (outlook, Word, Excel and Publisher).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including demonstrated experience in liaising with a wide range of internal and external Person centred approach to care and community awareness programs.
Tony Brown, Business Services Manager, Phone 5866 9409
For further information please see attached position description.
Must address the key selection criteria, include application letter, resume, complete an application for employment form and provide a minimum of 2 professional referees and submit an application to:
Director People & Culture
PO Box 128, Numurkah VIC 3636
5pm Sunday, 17th January 2021
We are an equal opportunity employer and work in a supportive and team focused work environment.
If you want to make a difference, we encourage you to join our team!