Visitors please be aware of the following restrictions:
As part of our response to the COVID-19 outbreak, we are reducing our number of visitors. We understand this may cause disappointment, but these measures are in place to protect staff, residents and patients, together with the broader community.
Some exemptions apply, these include:
- Families providing palliative care support
- The visitor is the parent or guardian of the patient in the acute ward who is under 18 years of age
- Those attending outpatient and urgent care may have one person accompany them.
Anyone with any concerns or special circumstances, please call your local NCN Health facility directly for more information.
Exempt visitors must abide by the following restrictions:
- All visitors will be screened prior to entry for signs of COVID-19. Do not visit if you are unwell
- Maintain 1.5m distance from residents, patients, employees and other visitors
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted.
- Patients and residents are not permitted to go on outings with family or friends.
Please consider using alternatives to visiting such as phone calls and video chat where possible.
Vaccination against influenza requirements
From May 1st no one will be allowed on the premises of any residential aged care facility within NCN Health if they do not have an up to date vaccination against influenza. We are committed to protecting the Health and Safety of our residents. These restrictions are in line with the Public Health and Wellbeing Act and will apply to everyone including staff, health care workers, visitors, contractors, health practitioners and volunteers.
Proof of vaccination:
All visitors to NCN Health Residential Aged Care facilities must provide proof of vaccination prior to entry. This applies to NCN Health staff, visitors, health practitioners, volunteers, contractors and others (for example, cleaners, tradespeople, gardeners, maintenance staff).
NCN Health is required to take all reasonable steps to ensure that a person does not enter or remain on the premises if they do not meet the influenza vaccination requirements. NCN Health will seek appropriate evidence of immunisation status from individuals seeking to enter the service. When you attend your appointment please request evidence in the form of:
- statement or record from a health practitioner; or
- an immunisation history statement available from Medicare online or the Express Plus Medicare mobile app.
To book your flu vaccination, please contact your local GP.
Visitor Screening Requirements
All visitors will be screened prior to entry. Visitors cannot visit if the answer is YES to any a, b or c questions below or have d;
a) have been diagnosed with coronavirus and have not been discharged from isolation
b) have arrived in Australia within the last 14 days
c) have recently come into contact with a person who has a confirmed case of coronavirus
d) have a temperature over 37.5 degrees or symptoms of acute respiratory infection