COVID-19 Visiting Hours and Restrictions
From July 24th, NCN Health has reduced its visiting hours in line with the directions from the Victorian Government. The number of visitors permitted to visit a person in hospital and residential aged care, in most cases, has been reduced to one visitor, for one hour per day.
These Directions have come from Victorian Government and are related to the declared State of Emergency in Victoria.
How many visitors can attend?
Under the new directions, visitors to patients and residential aged care are only permitted if the visit is considered essential They may visit once per day, for one hour only. This includes:
• One carer or support person with a patient attending urgent care
• One carer or support person with a patient having an operation
• one carer or support person for Community and/or Primary Health appointments
When entering the health service, you will have your temperature checked, be screened and asked to provide contact details. You will also be required to sign in and sign out.
Who is permitted to visit?
Visits will only be allowed on compassionate grounds for care and support and at an agreed time arranged with the Nurse Unit Manager. Compassionate visits for care and support include:
• If a resident or patient is receiving end of life care
• Where the visit forms part of the resident or patient care plan such as active assistance with meals, or active assistance with behaviours of concern
• Where emotional and social support cannot be provided via electronic or other non-contact means, for example, telephone calls, video calls, etc.
• Where there is a significant change in the condition of the resident or patient
Are there exceptions to the visiting restrictions?
There are exceptions to the restrictions of one visitor for one hour per day. These exceptions include;
• Visitors providing end of life care
• Parents and guardians providing care for children under 18 years
We understand that the needs and care of every patient and resident is unique, if you have any concerns or questions about visitor restrictions please contact the Director of Clinical Services at you local health service.
Nathalia: Greg Van Popering ph. 5866 9444
Cobram: Carolyn Hargreaves ph. 5871 0777
Numurkah: Catherine Church ph. 5862 0555