3315 people in Moira Shire reported they were living with mental health conditions in the 2021 Census.
A mental health condition:
• involves significant changes in mood and behaviour
• tends to last for long periods of time
• negatively impacts day-to-day life
NCN Health provides free mental health support from an experienced mental health nurse for adults and children by phone or video call. We also have limited access to ‘in person’ services in Nathalia, Cobram, Numurkah and Yarrawonga.
Where is it available?
Moira Mental Health services are available at our Nathalia, Cobram and Numurkah campuses.
What does it involve
The service usually involves:
- setting goals and working together to achieve them
- help to identify and challenge unhelpful thoughts and to learn practical self-help strategies
- help to think in a less negative way about yourself and your life
What does it cost?
How can I access it?
To see a Moira Mental Health clinician, you will need to speak with your doctor first who will make a referral along with a completed mental health plan.
For information regarding our Moira Mental Health service, please contact our Access and Intake team for further information
For urgent, severe, and high-risk patients, please contact GVH mental health triage on 1300 369 005.