NCN Health Graduate Nursing Program provides the opportunity for candidates to explore diverse learning experiences in small rural healthcare settings. NCN Health has three campuses in Nathalia, Cobram and Numurkah.
We offer a wide range of professional development opportunities to prepare new graduates for the workforce. The graduate nursing program runs for 12 months and includes clinical rotations at a variety of departments.
At NCN Health we offer a supportive environment where graduate nurses can consolidate and further develop knowledge and skills to prepare for a positive transition into the healthcare workforce.
Our highly supported program offers many learning & development opportunities including:
- Graduate nurse study days, in conjunction with GV Health, with the focus of the days on the needs of the group, topics that have been covered in the past include non-invasive ventilation, basic ECG interpretation and wound care
- Minimum of one specialty rotation
- Dedicated supernumerary days for each rotation
- Ongoing permanent contracts post probationary period (application required)
- Professional development opportunities
- Regular debrief sessions with other Graduate Nurses
- Access to regular feedback from Clinical Educators, Clinical Support Nurses, Nurse Unit Managers.
Applications for the NCN Health Graduate program open in July each year. NCN Health offers 8 graduate nurse positions.
Our ideal candidates are
- Aligned to the core values of NCN Health
- Team players
- Committed to learning and delivering excellent patient care
- Committed to providing safe clinical care.
Benefits of the graduate program at NCN Health
- Opportunity for permanent contracts of employment after completion of the Graduate year
- 5-8 paid study days
- Salary packaging benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Free car parking.
Before you begin the graduate nurse program, you will be given the opportunity to participate in a pre-employment workshop. This workshop offers you:
- the chance to meet other new graduates
- opportunity to meet the education team
- opportunity to gain valuable insight into the year ahead of you.
For further information please refer to: Postgraduate Medical Council of Victoria (PMCV) Computer Matching Service for Graduate Nurses
Education Co-ordinator03 5871 0977