Occupational Therapists help people of all ages to better manage day to day activities. People may need help due to ageing, disability, injury or illness. Services can be provided onsite, at home or in a community setting.
Our Occupational Therapists can assist you with:
- Strategies to perform daily activities and regain independence
- Prescribing equipment – including wheelchairs, walking aids, scooters and other aids
- Management of hand injuries such as fractures, and arthritis (Hand Therapy)
- Home assessment and advice regarding home modifications
- Cognitive assessment and retraining
Where is it available?
Occupational Therapy services are available across Nathalia, Cobram and Numurkah communities and are usually provided as a visit to your home.
You may prefer to be seen by our Occupational Therapist at one of our Community Health facilities, and this can be arranged.
How can I access it?
You can refer yourself or be referred by another health professional, family, carer or advocate provided you give your consent for this.
For information regarding our services and where they are available, please contact our Access and Intake team at either our Cobram or Numurkah campus for further information.